On behalf of Truman State University’s Center for Diversity & Inclusion, we would like to welcome you to the Scholastic Enhancement Experience (SEE) website.
The SEE Program is a retention-based academic institute that helps its participants sharpen their academic skills, increase their self-efficacy, learn about campus resources, and form valuable connections to Truman during an intensive 2-week summer program. Upon completion of the summer institute, SEE Scholars continue to receive support from the program and its staff throughout the academic year. SEE Scholars continue to have access to staff and resources for the duration of their educational journey at Truman. Look around to learn more!
SEE What it’s all about
Check Out The Center for Diversity & Inclusion Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly newsletter highlights events & opportunities in and around Truman community, as well as some blog post and student spotlightsSubscribe now
Become a part of the SEE Staff
What is a SEE Counselor and How do I become one?
SEE Counselor Application
SEE Counselor Recommendation Form
I’m a SEE Scholar, now what?
Expectations & Protocol
What you need to know before you come
The [Center for Diversity & Inclusion] is one of the resources that paved the way to my success in college. During my time at Truman, the [CDI] introduced me the SEE program, Ronald E. McNair program, and some of the best friends I will ever have. The [CDI] offered me many resources that allowed me to network and positively impact my professional career! –Kylie Warner, Class of 2014
Goals of the Scholastic Enhancement Experience Academic Institute:
- To introduce incoming first-year Freshman students to the academic and co-curricular environment at Truman State University
- To offer a nurturing environment in which students can sharpen their academic skills, develop supportive and satisfying social interactions, and become comfortable and at home with Truman facilities
- To provide an opportunity for students, faculty, and staff to interact and to encourage each other’s growth and development academically and personally
- To cultivate leadership in students
- To, most importantly, assist SEE Scholars in achieving their goals
May 11, 2018
S.E.E. Helped me Build Relationships
May 11, 2018