Laying the Foundation for Success

The S.E.E. Program is one of the best resources I ever had on Truman’s campus. This program allowed me and my peers to explore and get to know the campus a lot more, getting a head start on classes such as writing and math, getting to know the town all while making great friends in the process. S.E.E. laid the foundation for me and has helped me continue my success at Truman even outside the program. I’ve made lasting connections with the Multicultural Affairs Center that could last me a lifetime and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I don’t know where I’d be or how I would survive emotionally had it not been for the people at S.E.E.

The S.E.E. program inspired me to be more active on campus. I have been involved with African Student Association, Hispanic American Leadership Organization, the Muslim Student Association, Minority Ambassadors Program, and Association of Black Collegians. I’ve held leadership positions in many of those organizations, and have even participated in a search committee to select a student representative for the Board of Governors.

– Eboni Miller, S.E.E. Cohort of 2014